Do you want to help organize one of the world’s premier conferences featuring former heads of state, Nobel laureates, business and media titans and renowned innovators? Do you want to interact with a community of passionate, progressive, and philanthropic CEOs and business leaders from Latin America? Do you want to work with a small but dynamic team in a start-up setting where new opportunities and responsibilities are yours for the taking? Do you care about the future of the Americas and would you like to help create a more progressive and transparent business culture in the region? If you answered yes to these questions, the G50 is a great fit for you.
PROGRAM AND CONTENT MANAGER
The Group of Fifty (G50) is the premier community of forward-thinking Latin American business leaders committed to global leadership in both business and philanthropy. Every year, the G50 convenes in a different city in the world for an annual forum that aims to cement the bonds amongst members, spur intellectual debate, inspire dynamic conversation and bring new ideas to life. For a quarter of a century these multi-day forums have highlighted a wide-range of topics – from philanthropy and scientific innovation to cutting-edge business strategy and societal trends in geopolitics, arts and culture. The G50 meetings welcome as speakers the world’s most distinguished thought-leaders, including, most recently, heads of state like President Bill Clinton and President Michelle Bachelet, Nobel laureates Daniel Kahneman and Mario Vargas Llosa, multimedia titans Arianna Huffington and Martha Stewart, award winning journalists Fareed Zakaria and Tom Friedman, as well as trailblazing scientists exploring the frontiers of outer space, nanotechnology, and the genome, among many others. At the core of the G50 is a longtime member network whose active participation in the annual meetings is key to its success.
A close-knit and entrepreneurial non-profit, non-partisan and non-ideological organization, the G50 is the ideal setting for intellectually curious, self-motivated individuals to thrive. Any candidate who demonstrates a high level of commitment and intellectual prowess and can independently manage a variety of projects will find ample opportunities for professional growth.
The organization is currently seeking a full-time Program and Content Manager.
- Create, develop and curate a stimulating program agenda for the G50 annual event; Research and identify themes to be included in the annual event and pair them with the world’s most respected experts and practitioners who can speak eloquently on the subject; Recruit these experts and serve as the liaison and logistics coordinator for all speakers at the annual event;
- Draft, edit and coordinate all English language communications (includes mailings, letters and any corporate messaging); Superb writing skills are essential - only top editorial talent will be considered;
- Manage and curate the G50 member blog and website; Produce compelling content that highlights the latest news about members and global themes related to the annual event;
- Coordinate and update the social media presence of the organization;
- Envision and propose creative content formats for annual event and other membership activities.
This position provides medical insurance, a competitive vacation and sick leave policy, and a monthly Metrocard benefit. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What we’re looking for…
- A voracious reader of news and current affairs who will constantly seek and identify original topics to present at G50 annual forums. A person of above average intellect who has a curious mind and can find original ideas and fascinating thought-leaders and practitioners who can speak about the most groundbreaking ideas of the day.
- A compelling representative of the G50 who will respectfully, professionally and enthusiastically recruit the world’s top speakers, confirm their participation, and prepare moderators with appropriate background information.
- An expert writer and communicator in both English and Spanish with the sharpest and finest editorial skills, rigorous attention to detail and a mastery of writing that engages an audience; the ability to ‘sell’ an idea through writing – salesmanship is a plus. Full working proficiency in Spanish is required.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who will develop new ideas, initiate novel projects and demonstrate a clear record of achievement.
- A team player who will embrace the ‘start up’ mentality of a small nonprofit where colleagues work together on a broad range of tasks.
- A multi-task master with proven time management and organizational skills. A self-starter with sound judgment and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An engaging and socially adept liaison between the G50 and its members throughout the Americas; a demonstrated maturity and ability to cultivate positive relationships with the membership network.
- The ideal candidate will have the skills of a top editor and the creativity of a producer. She or he will have full proficiency in Spanish and will hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree and have over three years of experience in communications, journalism, research or another relevant field. Editorial experience at a media company is a plus.
- A valid U.S. work permit is required. Occasional international and domestic travel are expected.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interested parties are urged to apply as soon as possible. Please email a detailed cover letter and CV as a single attachment to HR@g50.org.