Do you want to help organize one of the world’s premier conferences featuring former heads of state, Nobel laureates, business and media titans and renowned innovators? Do you want to interact with a community of passionate, progressive, and philanthropic CEOs and business leaders from Latin America? Do you want to work with a small but dynamic team in a start-up setting where new opportunities and responsibilities are yours for the taking? Do you care about the future of the Americas and would you like to help create a more progressive and transparent business culture in the region? If you answered yes to these questions, the G50 is a great fit for you.
2018 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
The Group of Fifty (G50) is a network of forward-thinking Latin American CEOs committed to global leadership in both business and philanthropy. This unpaid position offers individuals interested in international affairs an opportunity to become a vital part of an organization exploring current themes in public policy, global politics and trends in fields as diverse as the arts, technology and healthcare, to name a few. In addition, this position offers vast learning opportunities for individuals interested in working at a non-profit & organizing our annual meeting – which will feature former heads of state, influential government officials and visionaries from business, the arts and academia. The position encompasses three main areas of work: operations and logistics, meeting development, and member relations.
The position is based in the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the G50. It requires a minimum of 20 hours per week and up to 35 hours per week are possible. Applicants may be pursuing either a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
• Drafting correspondence, such as participant communications & marketing materials
• Researching session topics & speakers
• Gathering information on vendor pricing, products & services
• Updating G50 website content & other communication materials
• Supporting numerous aspects of meeting logistics & administrative duties as needed
• Strong research & writing skills
• Professionalism, inter-personal communication skills & teamwork
• Excellent computer skills. Experience with website development (particularly Squarespace) and/or graphic design a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred, along with experience living, working and/or traveling in Latin America
• Previous internship or work experience in an office setting is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis and are urged to apply as soon as possible. Please email a cover letter and résumé AS ONE FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include in your cover letter the amount of hours per week that you are available as well as your desired start and end dates. Preference will be given for interns who can commit to at least two months of service.